Alligator.io is built using the Jekyll static site generator.
The typeface used for titles and code snippets is IBM Plex™. Titles use the Mono ExtraLight Italic variant and code snippets use the Mono Text variant.
Regular text content makes use uses the system’s font to improve performance and because most modern operating systems now have beautiful system fonts:
-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
- Thanks to the Angular, Vue.js and Jekyll folks for allowing the use of their respective logos, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Thanks to Sass and Ramda for allowing the use of their respective logos, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Thanks to Jason Long for allowing the use of the Git logo and thanks to the W3C for allowing to use the HTML5 and CSS3 logos, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
- Thanks to WebComponents.org for allowing to use the Web Components logo, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- Thanks to npm for allowing the user of the npm logo, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International.
- Thanks also to Chris Williams for his JS logo and Remo H. Jansen for his TypeScript logo, licensed under MIT.
The site’s Solarized theme is based on Ethan Schoonover’s Solarized color theme.